Sunday, December 31, 2006

A look back at my 2006 flying stats

Having seen mention of a few folk's 2006 flying stats, I thought I'd drag out the logbook and take a peek to see what I'd find.

Totals for 2006:
124.1 hrs total, all of it PIC in the Arrow. Yeah, more complex time :-)
8.8 hrs. actual IMC
26.3 hrs. simulated IMC
15.0 hrs. night
63.6 hrs cross country
30.8 hrs. dual
67 instrument approaches,

1 instrument rating, maintained VFR day/night currency and instrument currency plus logged my fourth trip to Oshkosh.

All in all, 2006 was a very nice flying year. I'll conveniently ignore the $8K in required repairs after our last annual and a new Hartzell prop hub AD requiring repetitive 100 hr. inspections (at $300 a pop) or a new hub. Ah, in a partnership, at least such costs are shared.

One goal I've had since becoming a co-owner in the Arrow is to fly at least 100 hours per year. There's no magical justification in that number though...it's more or less a nice round number picked at random that, for whatever reason, makes me feel owning a plane is more justified. As if owning could ever really be justified...but that's another subject.

Here's to wishing everyone a great 2007. May 2007 bring you more hours, nice weather, successful check rides, clean annual inspections...whatever makes for a great flying year (maybe a sharp drop in 100ll?).

No comments: