Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Passed CP written

I made the first tangible bit of progress towards my commercial pilot certificate today by passing the written test. As with the instrument written test a couple of years back, I posted my best score when taking the test for real. Weird but, ok, I'll take it. A pass is a pass. :-)

Now it's time to hookup with a CFI and plan the flying part. With the days getting longer and temperatures getting warmer, I need to start getting out for power off 180 spot landings, 60 degree steep turns, Chandelles, etc. Sounds like fun to me. If all goes according to plan, I'll exchange my private pilot certificate for a commercial pilot certificate sometime in early Summer. Cool!

One thing to mention re: written test prep material. A friend loaned me his Gleim test prep stuff and it was excellent. I already had the ASA book but found the Gleim had better explanations for some things. Also, I found the Gleim CD based test to be an excellent way to study and take practice tests.

No comments: