Thursday, June 06, 2013

First post in three years


Time flies when you don't post anything.  Three years since my last blog post?  Really?  Yes, really.  So, what made me suddenly decide to post something after a two year absence?  While I'd love to say it was because I was transition training to a Boeing Business Jet, truth be told, meeting a future student pilot.

By "future student pilot", I mean someone intent on learning how to fly, who is in the research phase of things.  So, technically, not yet a student pilot but someone who will be at some point in the near future.  A very cool aspect here is that I may be able to pass along some of my experiences which I hope provides useful info. to an aspiring pilot.  I wonder if it will also be like trying to help someone with Algebra or Calculus when it's been years since having to work through such problems.  Nah, trying to remember student pilot stuff will be way better than any math class I took in college :-)

One of the bits of information I forwarded to this aspiring pilot was a link to my blog.  When I saw the date of my last entry, I was both surprised and not surprised.  Surprised at it being two years since posting yet not surprised as so many things compete for attention in life that other things just don't get done.

Will I post more often?  Good question.  I suppose it depends on whether or not I feel like I have things worth saying.  Oh, and that I actually make the time to do so.  We'll see what happens.

Flying has been good the past two years though I haven't been doing quite as much of it, less than 50 hours/year.  My goal for 2013 is to complete the last page of logbook #1 and I have something like 10-11 more entries on that last page.

Highlights over the past couple of years include 0.l right seat time in a Citation (CJ1), a tour of a Boeing Business Jet, and something like 0.5 right seat time in Pilatus PC12.  Flights to/from Oshkosh for the past two years has been via the Southwest aluminum tube so, while Oshkosh was fun and exciting, the trips to/from don't quite peg the fun meter.  Speaking of Oshkosh, I'll be heading there again this year, via Southwest.  2013 marks my 11th straight Oshkosh...er, "AirVenture", as the proper name of the event.

Perhaps I can use my CJ1, BBJ, and PC12 experiences as topics to post about.  Will save that for a later date.


No comments: