Saturday, October 06, 2007

Seven more Young Eagles

Today was our second annual "airport day" at my home field and I had the privilege of flying seven kids as part of the EAA Young Eagles program (www.youngeagles.org).

It's amazing the different reactions kids have when flying. Some are very excited and ask tons of questions while others hardly say a word (until they are back on the ground and talking to their parents about how fun it was). Today I had kids on both ends of the spectrum. Sometimes I had to ask for it to be quiet so I could hear on the radio and at other times, I was the only one talking as I pointed out landmarks.

Another 1.6 hours in the logbook but a very special 1.6 hours as I had a chance to share my love of flying with seven kids ranging in age from 8-12. Three of these kids had never been in an airplane before and I was lucky enough to be their first pilot. Now, *that* is very cool. I'm not sure who has more fun, the kids or me.

If you ever have a chance to participate in something like this, jump at the chance. Even if you have to rent an airplane, I guarantee that it will be some of the most enjoyable flying you'll ever do.

No comments: