Sunday, August 03, 2008

Headed home from Oshkosh

Wireless internet at airports sure makes the time pass more easily. I'm sitting at Denver International awaiting my connecting flight home. The morning started out early at 5:00 am central time as my friend and I had camped at Dodge County Wisconsin after departing Oshkosh yesterday evening. Based on the times Oshkosh closes their airspace and my flight out of Chicago, we had to depart Oshkosh Saturday after the air show.

Wow, as usual, quite a week. Great weather, it only rained for maybe 20 minutes one night. Lots of picture taking. I think I took somewhere around 2000 pictures. I have a bit of post processing to do this next week. Once that's done, I'll post some highlights.

Even with general aviation activity down these days due to higher fuel prices, the field at Oshkosh was full. Fly in camping closed Monday which is earlier than I've seen in past years. I'd have to agree with friends that folks may be saving up their flying dollars for events such as Oshkosh.

Sorry I missed out on any meetups with fellow bloggers such as Aviatrix. As wireless access in the North 40 camping area was down more than it was up, it wasn't until Saturday that I read her post on the subject. Bah, maybe next year.

While I'm looking forward to getting home after a week of dealing with the Midwest humidity (who invented that stuff anyway?), I'm also looking forward to Airventure 2009. Yeah, sounds wierd but if you've ever been there, you know what I mean.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Can't wait to see the photos Jack. I had to miss it this year and it was painful!

Safe trip home.
Best,
Jon

Jack said...

Hmmm...um...I'm...working on it...er, sort of. Still need to download another 600 or so pictures from the camera (adding to the 1400 or so I've already downloaded) then go through them and post the best ones. I have a feeling I'll hit my flickr upload limit way too soon :-)